2017 and the period until 2020 is likely to see the continued growth of logistics as a growth sector and investment destination for investors interested in tech startups.
By Shiwen Yap
Singapore-based Ezyhaul, a logistics technology startup which also maintains business operations in Malaysia, has closed a S$1.2 million ($836,120) seed investment from a group of undisclosed players in the logistics industry.
Vietnam’s property giant Vingroup has divested its entire stake of 79.96 per cent in logistics arm Phat Loc Express, formerly known as Vinlinks, the company said in a regulatory filing last week.
Kerala Transport Co. (KTC) Group plans to raise about Rs100-150 crore by selling a minority stake in its logistics division, according to two people aware of the development. The group has appointed a Chennai-based investment bank to find a buyer, one of the two people cited above said on condition… Read more »
Chinese logistics firm ZTO Express has filed for a Initial Public Offering (IPO) with the Securities and Exchange Commission in US to raise up to $1.5 billion.
SCG holds 65 per cent stake in this 633-million-baht joint venture through its subsidiary SCG Cement-Building Materials and Yamato shares the remaining 35 per cent.
To date, Gravity claims to have raised funding without a reliance on traditional seed or series-based funding rounds – investment rounds have been staggered against established KPI’s, enabling investors to pay out portions only after the company achieved each milestone.
MMC Corporation Bhd has entered an agreement to purchase a major minority stake of 49 per cent in Malaysia’s oldest port operator Penang Port for RM200 million, from Seaport Terminal (Johore) Sdn Bhd.
Global private equity major, Warbug Pincus has agreed to invest upto $125 million in Stellar Value Chain Solutions, an Indian third party logistics firm. Founded by Anshuman Singh, who had set up and led Future Supply Chain Solutions, the company aims to provide integrated logistics solutions that will include multi-user modern warehousing, primary and… Read more »
Consumer-facing delivery companies such as Grofers India Pvt. Ltd and Swiggy (Bundl Technologies Pvt. Ltd), which relied on their own crew and fleet of delivery vehicles until recently, have started tying up with logistics start-ups in an attempt to increase efficiency and cut losses. The development comes at a time… Read more »