Warburg Pincus Lianjia

Warburg Pincus cancels plan to invest $500m in China’s Lianjia: Report

By
Posted

Warburg Pincus earlier expressed interest to join in Lianjia’s $2-billion funding round that values the Chinese firm at $13 billion.

Wealthy Asians driving family office boom in HK, Singapore

As the wealthy target greater investment diversification and as business owners hand over the reins to successors, family offices are sprouting in the Asian financial hubs, taking advantage of incentives such as tax breaks and residency being offered.


Alibaba cuts sales forecast on economic uncertainty, trade fears

The move comes ahead of Singles’ Day which last year netted the firm over $25 billion in sales.


Tencent, Hillhouse-backed GaoTeng launches fund to invest in debt securities

Tencent holds a 49 per cent stake in the joint venture while Hillhouse Capital, a private equity firm with $20 billion in assets under management, owns the remaining 51 per cent.


Tech titan’s fortune suffers $9.2b nosedive in China

The 48-year-old chairman of 360 Security Technology Inc. has experienced the downside of listing in China, after stocks tumbled on concerns about a U.S. trade war and a slowing economy.


China Three Gorges said to slow down pursuit of Portuguese power firm EDP

While Three Gorges is still working on the bid to increase its 23% stake in EDP, the timeline to achieve regulatory approval in Europe and the U.S. has slipped to early next year from the end of this year.


Tencent seeks to diversify from mainstay consumer biz to industry for future growth

Tencent’s restructuring comes as the company’s main business of gaming and online services grew at a slower pace, hit by regulatory hurdles this year.


China: Youon Bike expands to Europe through JV with Cycle.land

With this JV in the UK, Youon Bike will mark its fourth international foray after Russia, India and Malaysia.


China Digest: Qiming, IDG back Qiongling; Moli secures $14m series A

Chinese community-based e-marketplace Qiongling Group has raised a Series B+ round while car-sharing platform Moli Information Technology has secured $14 million in Series A


Warburg Pincus completes buyout of DKSH’s China healthcare biz for $99.45m

The acquired business will now operate as an independent entity, and will launch a new brand in January 2019.