Thailand: Indorama Ventures to purchase tyre cord plant in Mexico


DuraFiber is a leading Mexican maker of durable technical textiles for industry, tyre reinforcement and speciality applications that will help IVL enter the auto-parts business.

As Thailand’s corporate cash pile swells, investors grow restless

Some of Thailand’s biggest corporate names including PTT Group, CP ALL and CP Foods are hoarding cash.

Thai spa-booking startup Gowabi secures seed funding from 500 TukTuks

GoWabi was launched in mid-2016 by ex-Rocket Internet and Ensogo entrepreneurs

Thailand: TOA to sell up to 25% stake via IPO this year

The IPO proceeds will be used for expanding the business domestically and internationally.

Chang Beer maker to buy KFC restaurants in Thailand for $340m

ThaiBev agreed to purchase more than 240 existing KFC restaurants in Thailand for about 11.3 billion Thai baht ($340 million).

Thai Carabao Group, Showa Denko set up JV for can production

Both companies will invest $21 million in the JV firm.

Chinese bike-sharing giant Ofo launches operations in Bangkok

Thailand is the fifth overseas market for Ofo.

Thai-listed Origin sells 49% in four units to Nomura Real Estate for $24m

These include Origin Prime 2, Origin Ramkhamhaeng, Origin Sphere and Origin Vertical.

Siam Cement, PetroVietnam to invest $5.6b in Vietnam’s first petrochemical complex

The Thai company owns 71 per cent through its wholly-owned subsidiaries while PetroVietnam holds the remaining 29 per cent.

Thailand’s PTT Venture picks stake in Malaysia LNG project for $500m

This comes barely a day after Petronas scrapped a $29b LNG project in Canada.