Hoan My Corp buys 70% stake in Dong Nai hospital

By
Posted

Vietnamese healthcare provider Hoan My Medical Corporation has bought 70% stake in the Dong Nai International Hospital. The remaining 30% would remain with the existing shareholders, said a representative of the Hoan My Corp,  which is owned by the Singapore based Chandler Group. The size of the deal, that gives Hoan My corp… Read more »

Vietnam’s Vinaconex exits realty arm

Vietnam’s state-owned infrastructure company Vinaconex Corporation has announced the completion of the process of divestment from its realty arm Vinaconex Real Estate Trading Floor JSC (Vinaconex Real). The ownership of the company’s shares in Vinaconex Real Estate Trading Floor JSC (Vinaconex Real) was transferred to a group of investors comprising of… Read more »


Samsung to invest $3b in Vietnam phone facility

Electronics major Samsung plans expand it’s smartphone manufacturing facility in Vietnam by investing $3 billion in a second plant, next to its existing facility in the country’s Thai Nguyen province. Thai Nguyen province has officially granted an investment license to Samsung Electronics Vietnam Thainguyen (SEVT) for building the new mobile phone factory, next to… Read more »


Mondelez acquires 80% in Kinh Do for $370m

US-based confectionery conglomerate Mondelez International Corp is planning to acquire a majority stake (80%)  in the snack unit of Kinh Do Corporation – the Binh Duong Kinh Do Corp-  through an investment of $370 million. Subject to Kinh Do shareholders approval, Mondelez will have an opportunity to purchase the remain 20% stake… Read more »


Topica trains startups to be entrepreneurs: Tran Manh Cong

Topica – a Vietnam-based online education services provider – adopted the world’s largest entrepreneurship program from the Founder institute in 2011. Since then, it has successfully helped 28 startups / founders to raise nearly $10 million as seed fund. In an interaction with DEALSTREETASIA, Tran Manh Cong, co-director, Topica Founder… Read more »


GEM invests $80m in Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group

The US-based Global Emerging Markets Fund (GEM) will be investing VND 1700 billion ($80 million) in Hoang Anh Gia Lai JSC (HAGL). According to the terms of the deal, GEM will acquire 10% stake in HAGL mainly through the acquisition of shares from shareholders and existing investors. This transaction is… Read more »


Vietnam state cos to raise $77.5m in Nov float

Vietnam’s five state-owned enterprises are expected to raise  $77.5 million through initial public offerings (IPOs), on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HSX) in November. More government enterprise IPO’s are expected next month. The sale of shares is part of  government’s accelerated privatisation drive that might see listing of more than 400… Read more »


Lombard acquires minority stake in Viet Uc Seafood

Lombard’s PE fund has picked up a minority stake in Vietnam-based sea food processor Viet Uc Seafood, for an undisclosed amount. A company representative for Viet Uc Seafood, one of the largest shrimp seed producers in the country, confirmed the development to DEALSTREETASIA. This investment will be used to improve the… Read more »


Mekong Capital set to close fourth Vietnam fund

Mekong Capital, a Vietnam-focused Private Equity firm, specializing in consumer driven sectors such as retail, restaurants, consumer products and distribution, is working on a $150 million fund , its fourth in the country, and may close this round soon, if it can raise between $80-$100 million, DEALSTREETASIA has learnt. Its… Read more »


$110b in FDI-powered exports spur Vietnam economic growth

Vietnam’s gross domestic product (GDP) grew at the rate of 5.62% in 2014, much higher than the world average of 3.3%, mainly due to increased export activity by the FDI enterprises in the sectors of processing and manufacturing. This was revealed by International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) representative Sanjay Kalra at… Read more »