IFC to extend $35m debt to Indonesia’s Indosurya Inti Finance

Subscribe to our newsletter

Visual from IFC website.

IFC – the private lending arm of the World Bank – will extend debt worth $35 million to Indosurya Inti Finance, a multi finance company based in Indonesia.

In its disclosure, IFC also said, it would help mobilise another $55 million as a parallel loan to support the financier’s $80-million debt-raising programme.

“The funding shall be used to support the growth of the company’s small and medium enterprises (SMEs) portfolio,” said IFC.

Started in 2011, Indosurya now operates with an asset base of $230 million, serving close to 2,000 clients. The majority of the company is owned by businessman Surya Effendy, who controls 80.4 per cent of shares, while Henry Surya, the current CEO, owns the remaining 19.6 per cent.

Indosurya is one of the companies that form the Indosurya Group which was founded by Effendy in 1975. The Group has an estimated asset base of more than $1 billion.

Indosurya is headquartered in Jakarta with 50 branches spread across Java, Sumatra, and Bali. The company mainly serves SME clients, in urban and semi urban areas, which are underserved by banks. It will continue to expand its operations in these regions, as well as look to expand into other parts of Indonesia.

IFC’s investment into Indosurya is part of a strategy to promote financial inclusion and deepening the non-banking financial institution sector in Indonesia, the lender said.

Along with the loan, IFC will assist Indosurya to diversify its sources of funding by introducing it to other financial institutions, banks, and investors. IFC may also provide advisory services to Indosurya in the areas of risk management and credit scoring to help it benchmark against international best practice.

In December, IFC invested in two Indonesian finance companies – Bank Tabungan Pensiunan Nasional (BTPN) and Radana Finance. BTPN received $100 million while Radana obtained $20 million through a shariah loan.

IFC also disbursed loans to several other Indonesian organizations such as Aneka Gas Industri, Atma Jaya University, Bank Danamon Indonesia, and Ciputra, among others.

Also Read:

IFC to invest $75m in Bank Danamon Indonesia to develop Islamic trade financing

Indonesia: Mandiri Capital seeks SEA expansion, lobbying with govt to relax rules

IFC to lend $100m to Indonesian bank BTPN

Indonesia: IFC to inject $20m into Radana Finance as shariah debt

Tags: