We are back with the monthly recap of prominent stories, interviews and analyses.
In June, we brought you the details of Sea Ltd-owned Shopee’s layoff plans across several markets. Plus, we broke stories such as Northstar Group’s plans to raise over $100 million for a new vehicle and Ackermans & van Haaren opening its first international office in Singapore.
Here are the top stories chosen by thousands of DealStreetAsia readers in June 2022.
- Shopee downsizes global, SE Asian workforce; to shutter operations in Spain
- Betting big on SEA, Belgium’s AvH opens first international office in Singapore
- Indonesian fintech Akulaku keen to up stake in Bank Neo to over 40%
- SoftBank Ventures-backed Propzy lays off over 50% of staff amid business restructuring
- SE Asian PE major Northstar seeks over $100m for first VC fund
- Indonesia begins probe into Telkomsel-GoTo deal, but some call it political
- Djarum-backed Blibli plans to raise over $500m in imminent Indonesia IPO
- Hedosophia leads Indonesian crypto trading platform Pintu’s $113m Series B round
- In Indonesia, crisis gives birth to a new bunch of tech mafia
- Euphoria over, SE Asia’s dozen first-time fund managers will be put to test
- Bukalapak expects revenue to rise 61% this year, but losses could widen
- DCP said to have held first close of second China fund at $2.5b
- PE-VC investors betting big on specialised healthcare funds for India
- ‘Born global’ startups with a China edge to be the next big thing for VCs: BAI Capital
- Tencent quietly building up stakes in Indian startups despite FDI curbs on Chinese money