We are building a new age crossover media and analytics company that will address business-to-business and business-to-consumer audiences. We aim to master data (analytics) and transform it into intelligence. This is an historic moment of transition for the media, and we need your talent and experience to ride it. If you have a passion for cracking big business stories, tracking investments in your country or the region, fascination for M&A, VC and PE, IPO activity or keen on deal analytics that is shaping businesses in Asia, then tell us about yourself.
Hong Kong Reporter: A seasoned journalist who can be the face of the portal in Hong Kong. Most important, the candidate in this role should have a fascination for the intricacies of deal making – M&A, venture capital, private equity, public equity, IPOs, investment banking – and must be able to write on these issues with insight for professionals. The person in this role will be responsible for shaping the portal’s coverage of the region, and will handle all issues related to the daily editorial flow. This position is open only to an HK local or a resident.
Malaysia Reporter: We are looking for a high energy, ambitious and young journalist, to join us on a full-time basis in Kuala Lumpur, and be responsible for our real-time coverage of deals, PE activity, fundraising and more. The reporter should also have a keen interest in tracking business of startups too. The person in this role will primarily focus on news breaks. He/She who takes this role should also be interested in transitioning to cover the PE/VC landscape in SEA. This position is only open to a KL local/resident.
Please attach a brief introduction letter and two writing samples, and/or other supporting portfolios (where applicable) along with your resume.
Singapore Reporter: We are looking to add to our reporting team in Singapore, and want a dynamic, driven journalist to cover the VC and startup ecosystem here. Freshers with an interest in online media, are also welcome to apply, and you will be in an immersive, fun working and learning environment — everything that comes with a fast-growing company. The candidate must be able to exercise a high level of editorial judgement, and must be able to keep track of the changing needs of our audience. The position will be based is open only to a Singapore citizen or permanent resident.
Southeast Asia Editor: We are looking for a senior and experienced journalist who will work closely with the editor-in-chief, as well as its reporters in Singapore, in addition to guiding and leading our team in the region. The person in this role will be responsible for shaping the portal’s coverage of the region, and will handle all issues related to the daily editorial flow. Reporting experience in the region is desired. He or she should have a solid journalistic background, deep contacts to break the big M&A, PE, IPO stories, and understanding of these sectors across the region. The Southeast Asia editor should have strong editing and writing skills, solid news judgment, demonstrated ability to both give direction and take direction, the ability to work nimbly and calmly on deadline with a variety of personalities in a collaborative environment, and experience with social media. The candidate should also have a strong interest in technology, and a track record of motivating a team of reporters. This player/coach should be keen to work journalists across the portal to experiment with new modes of digital storytelling and new ways to deliver real-time financial news, data, and analysis to our readers. This person will be expected to oversee the portal’s daily newsletter as well. The post will involve evenings given the news cycle in the region.
Hong Kong Editor: We are seeking a high energy, ambitious and young journalist, willing to invest their time and expertise to head and build our Hong Kong Bureau. Needless to say, the Hong Kong Bureau will be responsible for China and Taiwan, and will coordinate closely with reporters we hire in Korean and Japan at a later stage, as DEALSTREETASIA expands to these markets. Candidates should have a fascination for the intricacies of deal making – M&A, venture capital, private equity, public equity, IPOs, investment banking – and must be able to write on these issues with insight for professionals. Experience in having covered these segments, as well as understanding of these markets are musts. The ideal candidate should be able to build a team and guide fellow reporters, in addition to leading DEALSTREETASIA’s news coverage with exclusive market-moving news and scoops.
We are looking for Editorial Interns. Interns will primarily cover the startup tech scene – accelerators and incubators – as well as the venture capital space in Singapore, and can use the opportunity to build a strong portfolio. DEALSTREETASIA is committed to taking on board promising interns as full-time journalists. Interested candidates send your CV to email@example.com
SALES & MARKETING (SG)
We are searching for a sales and marketing executive in Singapore, who will be the representative for our company, and be in contact with out potential clients. As a Sales Manager, your primary responsibility will be to get ads from companies in Singapore and the region. You will collaborate with our staff across ASEAN. The job may also involve travel within ASEAN initially, and across Asia later, as we expand. The candidate in this role should own the sales cycle (for securing ads), acquire new clients both in Singapore and in the region, demonstrate a high activity level in terms of outbound prospecting via email, phone, meetings, events, and social media to prospect maximum leads, and also have a strong desire and ability to close sales opportunities. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background, have an understanding of the media, and also be willing to take risks associated with joining a startup.
Yet, going forward, ads will be a very small part of monetisation strategy. Therefore, the candidate should be able to ideate on creative sponsorship possibilities, and build direct relationship with sponsors, sell premium subscriptions and packages…
He or she should be able to cope with being in a fast-paced environment and in a company that’s growing quickly, garner responsibility and make a significant impact, instead of being just another cog in a machine, have a high level of energy and drive, and possess the ability to learn and use new information quickly.
What We Offer
- Unique, open office environment in the heart of Singapore. (Our office is located at Boat Quay, and we share the premises with Mint, India’s leading business daily, which now has a Singapore and KL edition)
- Competitive remuneration in an interesting environment.
- Opportunity to take on strategic responsibilities and to develop your own project
EVENTS MARKETING MANAGER
The Events Marketing Manager of Deal Street Asia will join an entrepreneurial team that is building a new portfolio of world-class conferences for top audiences in the Private Equity and Venture Capital industry.
DealStreetAsia events are editorial products – which leverage the editorial strength of the brand in Asia and marry that with the potential of high-end targeted events for premium PE VC audiences. Content is an important part of differentiating in this event crowded industry.
The Events Marketing Manager will be primarily responsible for the production of PE VC Asia Summit and ancillary events. The role requires a creative and strategic thinker with an understanding of the live event space and the key financial drivers, strong event production experience, a knowledge of and passion for business and finance industry, as well as the technology and marketing tools that serve to attract audiences.
- Build the Deal Street Asia Events model ground up, leading the largest PE VC Asia Summit as the key event of the year and building more ancillary events
- Oversee production for Asia PE VC Summit including managing logistics, contracts, vendors, promotion, marketing, website, ticketing, payment gateways printed materials and technical aspects.
- Work closely with the Editor in chief to plan and manage DSA event calendar, content format and speakers.
- Plan content and oversee production of communication.
- Work on design for event promotional materials, weekly emails, print and digital advertisements and onsite signage.
- Manage sponsorships, events budget, including accounts receivable and invoice submission.
- Develop DSA video library and online content with the Social Media manager.
- Partner with advertising sales/ collaborating news publications to develop event sponsorship proposals and coordinate sponsorship activation with the sponsorship coordinator.
- Proven event production expertise and event marketing expertise
- Self starter with ability to work in a fast paced startup environment
- Rapid learner who can engage with journalists, editors, speakers, sponsors etc.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and events simultaneously
- Poised, proactive, extremely detail-oriented with a creative streak to build new event formats
- Strong problem-solving skills – approaches problems logically with a solution oriented mindset and with good judgment to provide the appropriate outcome
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Exceptional design sensibility and ability to give clear, concise creative direction
- Solid command of Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote and Photoshop
- Knowledge of HTML coding a plus
- Ability to work nights and weekends if needed
- Ability to travel as needed