Here’s why there is a lot riding on the Walmart-Flipkart-Amazon love triangle

By
Posted

Could Walmart be trying to stay alive in a “one planet, one e-commerce” model of Amazon? The answer to this question may be the key to the unfolding Flipkart acquisition saga.

India: SoftBank-backed fintech firm True Balance raises $23m bridge round

Japan-based Line Ventures Corporation, Korean search engine Naver, Korean lender Shinhan Bank and TS Investment are said to have participated in the latest round.


Parag Milk buys Danone dairy plant in Haryana

Parag Milk will initially spend nearly Rs30 crore for the facility and continue to invest on expansion as required.


India Digest: Aditya Birla mulls payments unit stake sale; Yesss Capital backs FundTonic

Aditya Birla’s telecom arm Idea Cellular owns 51% stake in the payments bank and the remaining 49% is held by Aditya Birla Nuvo.


India’s angel investors seek further easing in rules amid tax concerns

Angel tax is levied on investments made in unlisted firms at valuations considered higher than the fair market valuation.


Fitness startup CureFit in talks to raise $75m, to expand offerings

CureFit investors Accel Partners, IDG Ventures, Kalaari Capital, and UC-RNT Fund are keen on funding a majority of the proposed new round


SaaS startup Fyle gets funding from Pravega, Beenext

The new funding round also saw participation from Girish Mathrubootham-led Freshworks, also one of Fyle’s enterprise clients


Amazon fastest growing marketplace in India: Jeff Bezos

The latest shareholder letter from Jeff Bezos shows India remains Amazon’s most important international market, one where it’s locked in a fierce battle with Flipkart


Ambit CEO Ashok Wadhwa to buy Qatar-based QInvest stake in group

QInvest had bought the 26% stake in the financial services company in 2011 for Rs250 crore.


Fortis Healthcare to consider only binding bids for hospital business

IHH Healthcare and Fosun International have submitted non-binding offers for Fortis hospitals, TPG-Manipal and Munjal-Burman have submitted sweetened binding offers