In the David versus Goliath match between giant PE firms and their smaller counterparts, the odds were traditionally in favour of Goliath. Typically, large firms had the connections, the leverage and the budgets to swing deals in their favour.
But with the pandemic confining many aspects of dealmaking to a purely virtual environment, mid-sized firms now stand a chance to punch above their weight, by outsourcing some of the more time consuming and onerous aspects of the business to technology-driven firms. The time saved, invariable leaves them with a sharper focus on the fundamentals and business models of existing and potential investee companies.
We will examine this phenomenon in greater detail in DealStreetAsia’s next webinar ‘How frictionless dealmaking is creating a level playing field for midsized firms’.
The webinar will shine a spotlight on some of the operational best practices that have helped PE firms tide the challenges that the pandemic brought in its wake, in a discussion that promises to be full of actionable insights.
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
10:30 – 11:30 am SGT
- Nakisa Jobling, Managing Director, Head of Legal, Tybourne Capital Management
- Pratibha Jain, Group General Counsel and Head, Corporate Affairs, Everstone Capital
- Ewan Davis, Managing Director, Quadria Capital
- Jon Crandall, Managing Director, APAC, Ontra
- Joji Thomas Philip,Founder & Editor-in-Chief, DealStreetAsia (moderator)