DealStreetAsia invites you to sign up for its next webinar scheduled for June 18 at 2 pm SGT. Our guest is Ritesh Agarwal, the founder and CEO of India’s Oyo Hotels and Homes (OYO).
Join us as we unpack OYO’s journey from being one of the crown jewels in SoftBank’s portfolio to drawing parallels with the WeWork debacle.
In this webinar, Agarwal will talk about:
- What OYO would look like in a post-COVID (and post-reorganisation) world
- Its handling of layoffs/furloughs affecting thousands of employees
- Global expansion plans, especially in China, SE Asia, Japan, Europe, and the US
- Some have called OYO a Ponzi scheme of ambitions. How much of its whirlwind global expansion was inspired by the pursuit of a higher valuation?
- Going forward, what does SoftBank bring to the table for OYO?
- On comparisons with WeWork and why it thinks its fate can be different
- Does OYO need a professional CEO?
We will be taking audience questions for the webinar, with priority given to those from our premium subscribers.
Not yet a subscriber? Starting at $33 per month, there are several options available – pick the one that works best for you.
Becoming a premium subscriber will give you access not just to this webinar but our premium tier of content, as well as any reports and online events that are scheduled for the duration of your subscription.
We look forward to having you join us on June 18.