Grab to buy Malaysian supermarket chain Jaya Grocer 

Southeast Asian technology giant Grab is set to buy Malaysian grocery chain Jaya Grocer, it said in its latest filing with the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC).

In the filing, Grab said it has entered into a share purchase agreement with the Malaysian firm to acquire all its ordinary shares and 75% of the preference shares. Grab will also have the option to buy the remaining 25% preference shares of Jaya Grocer after the transaction.

Bring stories like this into your inbox every day.

Sign up for our newsletter - The Daily Brief
Subscribe to Newsletter