Startups in Greater China raised $24.1 billion across 464 PE-VC deals in Q1 2021 — the best performance in the past six quarters. The deal value grew 1.2%, while deal count rose 5.9% quarter-on-quarter.
Despite a tepid January and February amid the Chinese New Year holidays, record fundraising in March shored up the quarterly numbers.
Fundraising from the IPO market, too, was in full swing in the three months. Companies raised a total of $32.6 billion from 151 IPOs across eight exchanges, a 143% increase year-on-year.
The Greater China Deal Review: Q1 2021 report also gives a detailed analysis of:
- The top 23 deals in Q1 2021
- The top sectors that attracted investors
- Average deal size in the quarter
- Top 10 IPOs in the quarter
- Outlook for IPOs and fundraising in 2021
- Insights from some prominent investors