Startup funding by venture investors in Southeast Asia is on track to cross the $20 billion mark for the first time in 2021. This report is an update on the funding scene in the first nine months of the year.
Investors have funneled at least $17.2 billion into private companies in the region this year, as of Sept. 25, already more than twice the $8.6 billion raised in the entire 2020.
The steady flow of capital is bound to expand the tribe of unicorns in the region. In 2021, so far, 18 unicorns have been minted. Which startups are most likely to enter the exclusive $1 billion-valuation club next? We provide a list of soonicorns. Read this report for:
- Details on PE-VC fundraising in the first nine months of 2021.
- The newly-minted unicorns of 2021.
- A list of soonicorns, i.e startups with potential to enter the unicorn club.
- State of VC fundraising in SE Asia.
- State of PE fundraising in SE Asia.