Thai property developer Sansiri, SCB jointly launch Siri Ventures

Shakrit Chaurungsakul, CEO of Siri Venture

Thai listed property developer Sansiri Pcl and Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) have jointly formed Siri Ventures to invest in property-related startups and research and development, according to local media reports.

Siri Ventures, a corporate venture capital fund, will be 90 per cent owned by Sansiri and the remaining 10 per cent by SCB with the registered capital of 100 million baht.

Siri Venture plans to invest around 100 million baht to 500 million baht in property-related innovation and startups in Thailand and Singapore.

For the startups, it will inject between 500,000 baht to 10 million baht in each startup. It aims to invest in 40 startups over the next three years, said Siri Venture’s chief executive Shakrit Chaurungsakul.

Its preferences include various home technologies, robotics, drones and artificial intelligence, he added.

Besides, Siri Venture will launch the country’s first Property Technology Accelerator in the second quarter this year. The selective startups in the final round will be supported by Sansiri and develop their products and services into the commercial.

Prior to Siri Venture, Ananda Development, another listed property developer, announced the launching of Ananda Urban Tech last month to invest in innovation to improve or solve urban living problems.

Also Read:

Thailand: Ananda launches Urban Tech fund to invest in startups

Thailand’s Digital Ventures invests in Nyca Fund II to expand fintech radar to US

Thailand: Siam Commercial Bank sets up $50m fund to invest in fintech startups

Singapore Reporter/s

In Singapore, we are looking to double our reporting team by this year-end to comprehensively cover the fast-moving world of funded startups and VC, PE & M&A deals. We want reporters who can tell our readers what is really happening in these sectors and why it matters to markets, companies and consumers. The ability to write precisely and urgently is crucial for these roles. Ideal candidates must have to ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic, and fast-changing environment. We want our new hires to be digitally savvy and ready to experiment with new forms of storytelling. Most importantly, we are looking for hard-hitting reporters who work well in a team. Collaboration and collegiality are a must.

Following vacancies can be applied for (only in Singapore).

Following vacancies can be applied for (only in Singapore).   

  • A reporter to track companies/startups that have raised private capital, and have the potential to become unicorns. SEA currently has over 40 companies with a valuation of over $100 million and under $1 billion.
  • A reporter who can get behind the scenes and reveal how funding rounds are put together, or why they’ve failed to materialise. She/he in this role will largely focus on long-format stories. 
  • A journalist to track special situations funds, distressed debt and private credit (from the PE angle) across Asia.

Singapore Reporter/s

In Singapore, we are looking to double our reporting team by this year-end to comprehensively cover the fast-moving world of funded startups and VC, PE & M&A deals. We want reporters who can tell our readers what is really happening in these sectors and why it matters to markets, companies and consumers. The ability to write precisely and urgently is crucial for these roles. Ideal candidates must have to ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic, and fast-changing environment. We want our new hires to be digitally savvy and ready to experiment with new forms of storytelling. Most importantly, we are looking for hard-hitting reporters who work well in a team. Collaboration and collegiality are a must.

Following vacancies can be applied for (only in Singapore).

Following vacancies can be applied for (only in Singapore).   

  • A reporter to track companies/startups that have raised private capital, and have the potential to become unicorns. SEA currently has over 40 companies with a valuation of over $100 million and under $1 billion.
  • A reporter who can get behind the scenes and reveal how funding rounds are put together, or why they’ve failed to materialise. She/he in this role will largely focus on long-format stories. 
  • A journalist to track special situations funds, distressed debt and private credit (from the PE angle) across Asia.