Ishita Russell

Senior Writer & Content Specialist, India

Flipkart sets up internal fund to back early-stage startups: Report

The investment vehicle will be funded through Flipkart’s balance sheet and cut cheques of around $2-3 million.

India: Xander exits Multiples-backed PVR, earns 14x on investment

Xander had acquired a minority stake in PVR a decade ago at an average price of Rs 114 per share.

IFC mulls $35m loan package for India’s DCM Shriram

IFC ‘s proposed investment consists of an A-loan of $35 million by way of an external commercial borrowing (ECB).

India Digest: Blackstone eyes CCD founder’s realty co; Bajaj-Pierer deal

Blackstone is likely to own around 80% of the SPV while the remaining 20 per cent will be owned by Salarpuria.

India: Early-stage investor DSG Consumer Partners floats third fund

The VC had closed its second fund at $50 million in 2017.

India: SEWA Group’s affordable housing finance arm raises $10m in Series B round

Oikocredit and Omidyar Network India, HDFC Life Insurance, HDFC Holdings and Women’s World Banking invested in the round.

Airbnb said to mull investing in India’s OYO to expand footprint

Recently, Airbnb acquired HotelTonight, an app for finding hotel rooms at a discount, for an estimated $400 million.

India, SEA-focused VC firm DSG Consumer plans $40m annex fund

DSG is in the market to raise $50 million for its third venture capital fund.

India Digest: Samara eyes 3i Infotech; KKR, others may take control of CG Power

Private equity firm Samara Capital is reportedly in talks to acquire IT services firm 3i Infotech at an enterprise value of $140-150 million.

India Digest: OYO acquires Innov8; Lemon Tree to buy Keys Hotels

Budget hotels firm OYO Hotels and Homes is said to have acquired co-working spaces provider Innov8 for around Rs 150-200 crore.