Last month, we brought our readers scoops such as Vietnam-based investment app Finhay’s fundraising talks with Openspace Ventures and Sea Ltd’s plans to launch digital banking operations in the Philippines.
Plus, we offered a detailed take on the issues ailing the company once seen as the strongest contender to become Pakistan’s first unicorn, the corporate governance issues at venture-backed private companies in Southeast Asia, and the resurgence of interest in gig worker rights in Indonesia and Singapore.
Here is a quick recap of the prominent stories and insights from May 2022. Keep reading DealStreetAsia for the latest and the most comprehensive investment news coverage from this region.
- Probe at Zilingo highlights corporate governance issues at startups
- Vietnam-based investment app Finhay said to raise $25m funding
- SE Asia may see down-rounds in late-stage funding over valuation mismatch
- Sea likely to launch digital banking operations in Philippines next month
- Indonesia, Singapore slowly warm up to gig worker rights amid growing unrest
- Delivery startup Airlift pulls out of several cities in Pak & S Africa; downsizes staff
- Indonesian tech giant GoTo plans to raise fresh capital through private placement
- Startups in Asia brace for harsh winter as layoffs keep piling up
- Digital banking in SE Asia fast emerging as tech ecosystem play
- Is Tiger Global blazing a new funding trend In India – again?
- Ondine Capital plans $100m fund, new SG office to step up dealmaking in SE Asia
- The LP View: Crises can be good time to deploy capital, says Silverhorn’s Bert Kwan